Wright’s Westcott House
Original Date: 1908
National Register of Historic Places
Frank Lloyd Wright’s Westcott House is the only Prairie
School era commission designed by Wright in Ohio. Located
in Springfield and built in 1908 for auto manufacturer Burton
J. Westcott and his wife Orpha, Wright considered it an important
design commission as he selected it to be included in his
first monograph of his best designs, known commonly as “The
Wasmuth Portfolio.” Following the deaths of the Westcotts,
the house had been subdivided into apartments.
Chambers, Murphy & Burge Restoration Architects was
retained by the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy,
who owns conservation easements, to prepare the Historic
Structures Report which serves as a guideline for the restoration
of the property.
The Westcott House Foundation has retained Chambers, Murphy & Burge
and Schooley Caldwell Associates as the architects for the
restoration project. The entire restoration will include
interior and exterior materials, furniture and landscape.